Healthcare Support Worker
Full time – permanent (37.50 hours per week)
£10.85 an hour
28 days annual leave including bank holidays
We are looking for an experienced and compassionate healthcare support worker, someone who can provide complex care & support for people needing attention in their own home so that they can live their best life and on their own terms.
If you have experience in providing complex personal care and general support, are kind, friendly, fun-loving and looking for a new opportunity then look no further and join our growing company. Most of the clients are in the residential areas of Aylesbury.
You must be a kind and approachable character and someone who our service users look forward to seeing each day and can understand their changing needs and provide relevant insight to the registered manager/senior care worker to predict any signs deterioration.
In a nutshell, your day to day may involve tasks such as
- Assist residents with basic hygiene activities.
- Administer medication to residents after completion of administration of accredited medication training.
- To provide support to the Community Nurses and General Practitioners to ensure the efficient and effective provision of the full range of services to the service users.
- Provide basic patient care.
- Perform duties such as feed, bathe, dress, groom, or move service users, or change linens.
- Respond immediately to calls from service users for assistance or treatment and alert medical staff to pending emergency situations.
- Conduct weight and height measurements, test and record blood pressure and blood sugar levels.
- Take vital signs and report findings to Registered Manger.
- Collect, store, and label biological specimens.
- Assist with the provision of health checks for both newly registered service users and the over 75’s.
- Helping other members of staff deal with emergencies and coping when a service user dies.
- Keep service users supplies properly stocked and organized.
- Work closely with other healthcare professionals such as GP, nurses, social workers and therapists in order to provide service users with exceptional care.
- Dispose of waste and hazardous materials.
- Comply with all company rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Providing emotional support to service users and their families.
- Providing practical support for service users and their families, such as helping with household tasks, personal care and paperwork.
- Supporting them to pursue hobbies and interests.
- Supporting the learning of new skills or gaining employment.
- Teaching life skills, such as budgeting and paying bills.
- Helping with everyday tasks such as meal preparation, writing a shopping list, going shopping etc.
- Helping them to access community facilities and be included in community groups.
- Understanding their communication needs and adapting your communication to each individual, e.g. sounds, tones, body language.
- Analyzing an individual’s needs and drawing up a focused support plan.
- Becoming both a role model and companion to the individual and uncovering shared interests, such as hobbies and outings.
Schedule of visits: (must be able to work with flexibility and work following)
- Morning – 6.30 am until around 2.30 pm.
- Evening – 3.30 pm until around 10.00 pm.
What we are looking for:
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent or willing to work towards it.
- Experience in healthcare setting.
- Superior communication skills.
- Excellent bedside manners and etiquette.
- Ability to analyze basic medical information and data.
- Ability to successfully work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Willingness to maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
- Knowledge of basic phlebotomy procedures.
- Ability to work with other employees in order to achieve various goals.
- Understand care planning processes and have experience of writing care plans.
What we have on offer:
- Mileage of 45p per mile.
- Weekly pay (get paid every Friday!!!).
- Free training.
- Uniform / PPE provided.
- Cost of DBS paid by the company.
- Opportunity for personal development and advancement within the company.
- Supportive working environment.
- £100.00 reward for staff referrals*
- Dedicated support from your line manager
- Regular supervision and appraisals
To be considered for this role, please provide your CV below.