Senior Care Worker
Full time – permanent (39 hours per week)
Salary: £11.50 per hour
28 days annul leave including bank holidays.
S&P Care Services is growing, thriving and vibrant domiciliary care company that provides care to people in their own homes to a variety of clients across Buckinghamshire, mainly in Aylesbury.
We are looking for a passionate, caring and motivated Senior Care Worker, someone who would like to develop their skills and knowledge within our expanding company.
If you are a hardworking, problem solving and highly motivated individual looking for a rewarding position within social care, this is the job for you.
We are strongly values based and are looking for someone who embodies our values of Passion, Integrity, Learning, Fun and Human to lead our team of enthusiastic carers.
Working Hours: (must be able to work with flexibility but typical hours will look like below):
- Morning – 6.30 am until around 2.30 pm.
- Evening – 3.30 pm until around 10.00 pm.
What we are looking for.
- Previous experience within the domiciliary care sector or at other care settings is essential.
- Someone with hands-on care experience and with the desire to grow/progress into this senior role.
- Well organised, excellent prioritising ability with high attention to detail.
- Ability of influence others with excellent communication skills.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills.
- Must be efficient with various systems, Microsoft Office and care applications (rota and electronic patient records systems).
- Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
- NVQ / QCF level 3 in Health & social care or equivalent.
What we have on offer:
- Mileage of 45p per mile.
- Free training.
- Uniform / PPE provided.
- Cost of initial DBS paid by the company.
- Opportunity for personal development and advancement within the company.
- £100.00 reward for staff referrals*
- Dedicated support from your line manager
- Regular supervision and appraisals
- To provide staff with support, guidance, and leadership to facilitate the needs of the clients.
- Ensure accident/incident reports are written clearly and concisely and that any remedial action or learning is incorporated into care delivery.
- Arrange cover for home care workers sickness, absenteeism or holidays.
- Overall day-to-day care management including care planning and reviews, risk assessments, managing referrals, making sure records are up to date.
- Review and process new referrals for care and support
- Prioritise when there are unexpected emergencies
- Deputise the registered manager when needed.
- Provide support with general office duties such as administrative duties, staff induction and training.
- Monitoring compliance with CQC regulations and completing audits.
- Maintain and foster relationships with the family members of the clients, social workers, local authority staff and other relevant stakeholders.
- Be knowledgeable about Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults Policies and Procedures and report any untoward events in accordance with Local Authority requirements.
- Report any equipment failures or damage to the Registered Manager.
- Be responsible for the care and protection of residents’ property.
- To maintain standards of infection control within the service users home and to assist service users to maintain their own infection control needs
To be considered for this role, please provide your CV below.